About New Zealand’s Wine
New Zealand extends 1,600km (1000 miles) from sub-tropical Northland (36° S) to the world’s most southerly grape growing region Central Otago (47° S). Vineyards benefit from the moderating effect of the maritime climate (no vineyard is more than 120km, or 80 miles, from the ocean) with long sunshine hours and nights cooled by sea breezes.
New Zealand wine is distinctive for its purity, vibrancy and intensity. The long ripening period – a result of cool temperatures – allows flavour development whilst retaining fresh acidity, a balance for which New Zealand wines are renowned.
There are a number of distinct major wine-growing regions spread throughout New Zealand, with the majority on the East coast of the Islands in the rain shadow of the mountains. Within these diverse regions, sub-regional characteristics are beginning to show through and wines are now being distinguished as being not just from a wine region, but from a sub-region and a place.
“We hope you enjoy discovering our regions and producers.”
Map and Source: New Zealand Winegrowers – nzwine.com
The NZ Wine Directory: Linking You To New Zealand’s Wine Online
Our aim is to make it easy for you to connect with everything about New Zealand’s wine industry and related business and social communities online.
- Explore the 15 Wine Regions across the North and South Islands of New Zealand.
- Find Industry links covering Wine Education, Employment in the industry, Marketing & Distribution, Products & Equipment, Research, Services & Advice and Viticulture.
- Our Resources section includes NZ Wine Events, Wine Sales Online, Wine Tourism, Publications, Wine Clubs and Groups, Fruit Wine Makers and of course our Link Partners.
- Under Social Media you’ll find Wine News and links to New Zealand’s best Wine Writers and social media channels.
- Join us by submitting your NZ Wine Website for inclusion in the directory.
- Promote your brand via our Banner and Link advertising options.
- Submit your wines for review on our blog and promoted via social media…
- Follow our Blog, like our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter to keep up to date with NZ wine news and events.
Great to have you aboard – if we can be of assistance don’t forget to contact us.Proudly supporting NZWINE online…